Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Spring break 2009

This year spring break had its up’s and downs so I will start with the up’s, on Sunday we had a great visit with a very good childhood friend and her family, it was fun to see our kids have so much fun together. Later in the week we went shopping in Eugene for some summer clothes, and we also had lunch at Olive Garden. We had a great time with Aunt Mimi and the kids at wildlife safari, I think we are so lucky to have a great place like that nearby. We ended the week with a birthday party for Gavyn.
Now to the not good part, the week before spring break Danny’s Dad went in to the ER, to see why he had so much pain in his back. So they did some tests and found out that he has cancer in his bones. It is a fast growing cancer and he is in a lot of pain. It’s hard to see someone that was so strong be so sick. He was up at Mercy for over 2 weeks. On Monday he was able to come home. But, he is not doing well.

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Love the recap of your week. I think it was a good balance for all of your family to have some fun things planned for the week. Our prayers continue for Danny's dad.

Heather said...

I am glad to hear that the first part was better than the last part. Remember, we've got ya covered in prayer.

Lisa said...

Glad to hear there was some good parts to Spring break. Love the colors of your layout. I will have your father-in-law in my prayers.

Nana's Journal said...

Very sad weekend...we love you guys...hugs for Danny! and the kids too...